In 2001 Andrew Grill was appointed the CEO of Australian commercial property website PropertyLook.com
He was directly responsible for the launch and growth of the company with overall management and responsibility of all company aspects, reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
Pictured at the launch of PropertyLook above are from L-R: Bill Chillingworth (CB Richard Ellis), Tony Brazier (Colliers International), Andrew Grill (Property Look), Craig Williams (Jones Lang LaSalle), Robert Hannington (Knight Frank).
Andrew managed the entire relationship with founding shareholders Colliers International, CB Richard Ellis, Jones Lang LaSalle and Knight Frank and reported to the Board of Directors.
Below is an article from the Australian Financial Review on 22 December 2000, announcing the joint venture.
- Launch to market in 3 months from standing start
- Secured $A1M of new business in the first year
- Grew customer base from 4 to over 100 in under 12 months
- Leading commercial property website in the first year of operation
- Acquired nearest competitor
PropertyLook was sold to realestate.com.au in 2006 for $A9 million.
You can watch a promotional video on PropertyLook below.