Andrew will be speaking at the Navigation and Location Europe 2008 conference, organised by Telematics Update magazine on June 4th – 5th 2008 at the Marriott Hotel in Amsterdam. Built on the long-running success of 4 years of navigation conferences, Navigation and Location Europe 2008 represents the next step forward for the industry. Joining Nokia, TomTom, Jaguar, Garmin, Orange, O2, Motorola, Delphi, Clarion, Navigon, T-Traffic, Panasonic will be location experts exploring both the application and business development of new location-based services. Navigation and Location Europe strives to keep one step ahead of the market by providing the most up to date business information.
According to the website, there are “45+ speakers from the biggest names in the industry”, and Andrew is delighted to have been asked to present at this annual event. He will be speaking on the afternoon of day 2 in the business development stream and his topics from his presentation will include
- Ensure you are best placed to profit from proximity-based advertising
- Get the latest on developments in proximity-based adverts and stakeholders with geo-local ad clients
- What standards will need to be put in place for content providers, device manufacturers, back-end players and advertising campaigners to deploy local ads?
- Understand the best ways to build campaigns designed for different devices. How will geo-local ads vary from device to device?
- Learn the importance of intelligent user profiling. Find out how best to target and disguise marketing messages
- Discover the best ways to integrate geo-local ads into local search and city guides
- Understand what is needed to overcome consumer hesitancy and learn how to avoid intrusion
The conference expects to attract over 200 industry leaders. You can download a brochure via the conference website.
Other companies presenting at the conference include Orange, TomTom, Nokia, Garmin, O2, Telenor, T-Mobile, Webraska, Jaguar, Land Rover, Motorola, Skyhook Wireless.