I rarely, if ever post jobs on my blog, however one of my clients is looking for someone to work in their digital marketing team – based in London. I know the company well so thought I’d use my channels to help them in their search.
The job description is below – if you are genuinely interested, or know of someone who could fill this role then please get in touch with me directly and I can tell you more about the company and put you in touch with them directly.
I’m not receiving a fee for this – just want to connect the right person with this exciting company.
The short-form requirements are below
- University background (Marketing degree preferred)
- Native English speakers (for London and NY territories)
- Native Swedish speaker (for Sweden)
- Marketing and fashion background is a must
- Digital knowledge/familiarity is a plus
- Responsible to call on brands and retailers in the respective countries to build marketing projects and execute the ingredient branding strategy with clients
Downstream Marketing Specialist
The Downstream Marketing Specialist (DMS) will report to the global marketing director. The primary responsibilities are to develop and execute highly effective and impactful marketing actions, campaigns and sales tools that result in a steady stream of qualified sales leads.
The DMS will be tasked with increasing market and (ingredient) brand awareness, working closely with the country based sales team, they will be responsible to build momentum in the market through smart use of multiple marketing tools and media channels, social media, journal advertising, targeted campaigns, promotional events, tradeshow activities.
Responsibilities of the DMS include clear understanding of the competitive landscape, professional and consumer trends as well as competitive pricing and promotional activities. Additional responsibilities include pre- and post-promotion analysis, supporting sales meetings and tradeshows.
• Develop and execute highly effective and impactful marketing actions and sales tools for the sales team.
• Increase the market awareness of the company and the ÏSKO ingredient brand, as well as claim a space within targeted clients for their product lines.
• Create a resulting steady stream of qualified leads from marketing activities for the sales team.
• Build momentum by working closely with the leadership to execute promotional meetings and events that get the message out.
• Establish and manage contacts with key opinion leaders in the field of the denim and fashion industry
• Build and maintain relationships with the trade and consumer fashion press in the market of reference
• Stay in tune with market trends, competitive pricing and landscape to effectively be able to be proactive to the changing circumstances within our targeted markets.
Who are we looking for?
You have a Bachelor degree, 3+ years of proven downstream marketing experience and success in the fashion and/or denim industry. You are a self-starter who can take charge, plan and execute with confidence. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong creative and analytical capabilities. The ideal candidate comes with a proven track record that shows outstanding results. Your background should have a mix of relevant product and marketing experience in the fashion and denim industry.
• Proven track record of successful downstream marketing and execution
• Creative and resourceful
• Excellence written and verbal communication skills
• German (Japanese) native speaker, fluent in English. A third language will be considered a plus
• Proactive, can do attitude and a self-starter with a take charge approach
• Background in marketing communications is a plus
• Background in the denim retail industry is a plus
• Team player, relationship building skills
• At least 3 year’s successful downstream marketing experience in the fashion industry
• Flexibility to travel and the ability to work in a hectic environment