In Episode 7 we speak with Pitching expert Peter Hopwood and answer the question “What’s the Future of … Pitching for Success?”
Peter is a communications and presence coach, public speaking and pitch trainer and conference host.
We spoke with Peter from Croatia where he lives and works.
We discussed a range of topics relevant to companies of any size including:
- Getting people curious about our business
- Simple tricks for networking events
- How to stand out
- Mistakes people make when pitching
- Why the first 60 seconds is key
- The worst pitch eve
- Show you care what you’re talking about
- Think about your style and tone
- Getting your nerves under control
- Your first and last 90 seconds
- Owning the pause
- How being different gets you noticed
- Channelling Don Draper from Mad Men
- The importance of rehearsals
- Three things you can do next week
- Why should people listen to you?
- Think about your “sexy secret”
- Find out more about Peter
More information and show notes can be found on the episode page.
For more on Andrew – follow @andrewgrill