CIPR launches ‘Share This Live’ social media conference
The CIPR’s industry-leading one-day social media conference returns to the offices of MSN UK, London, on Thursday 11 July 2013. This year it has been curated by the authors of Share This Too, the follow up to CIPR’s best-selling social media handbook Share This: The social media handbook for PR professionals.
‘Share This Live’ will be opened with a keynote from Tom Standage, Digital Editor of The Economist and Editor-in-Chief of Economist.com, who will focus his address on a historical perspective of social media.
Standage’s talk will be supported by an expert panel of speakers from top UK and international brands, organisations and agencies including:
- Andrew Grill, Chief Executive Officer at Kred
- Christie Fidura, EMEA Community Manager at Adobe Systems Europe
- Joanna Geary, Digital Development Editor at The Guardian
- Noriyuki Shikata, Political Minister at Embassy of Japan
- Pete Sigrist, Managing Director at 33 Digital
- Sharon Flaherty, Head of Content and PR at Confused.com
- Stephen Davies, Director at Ruder Finn
- Tim Haong, Senior Social Media Consultant at Razorfish
- Tom Murphy, Global Head of PR for Corporate Citizenship at Microsoft
Speakers will deliver Actionable case-study sessions and in-depth panel discussions covering topics including ‘Online crisis management’, ‘Social commerce’, ‘Mobile media’, ‘The visual web’, ‘Understanding social capital’, and ‘Working across borders and boundaries’.
Early-bird tickets are available until Friday 31 May, giving CIPR members and non-members up to £60 off the standard ticket price, with general discounts available after this date for freelance, public sector and charity practitioners.
Andrew will be delivering a session titled “From Likes to Leadership – what it takes to become a social business, looking at how companies can harness the power of social media beyond simple likes and followers, and instead become a social business by aligning social media initiatives with business objectives.